Join clinics from across the country to create a world where no one dies from rabies.
“We were excited to join the Rabies Free Africa campaign because it gives us an opportunity to help animals and humans (especially children) that are directly affected by this deadly virus. Rabies is a disease with a real possibility of elimination and we are proud to be a part of that effort. Go Cougs!”
-- Kathleen Paulson, DVM owner of Cascade Heights Veterinary Center, Seattle
Why Partner with Rabies Free Africa?
Rabies Free Africa is empowering countries in east Africa to create self-sustaining programs to eliminate current human rabies deaths and set up surveillance systems to identify future outbreaks for containment.
To reach the global goal by 2030, the focus needs to be on decreasing the cost of vaccinating dogs and increasing access to vaccines. Rabies Free Africa continues its work to discover ways to decrease the cost of mass-dog vaccinations and refine country and continent-wide programs that make the best use of limited resources.
Veterinary hospital partners find creative ways to promote the program that fit with individual business models, company cultures and community needs. Here are a few ideas:
- Donate $1 or another set amount per rabies vaccine administered. Or any donation!
- Host a donation drive to fundraise for a specific program need.
- Promote the campaign on the clinic website, blog, newsletter or social media channels.
- Host a free, or reduced-cost, rabies vaccination clinic for your community and request donations. This is a good option for communities with low vaccination rates.
- Brainstorm another unique way that works with your staff like selling shirts, collecting donations at the desk, or hosting an open house.
- Share the message by hanging posters, distributing postcards or making available other materials in your clinic.